HUBER+SUHNER Polatis Extends Product Line, Introduces Integrated Solutions and Demonstrates SDN Interoperability at OFC 2017
OFC 2017 - LOS ANGELES - March 21, 2017 -- HUBER+SUHNER Polatis, the leading supplier of high performance dynamic all-optical switch solutions, is demonstrating new products, new integrated solutions and SDN interoperability at OFC 2017. New product and solution demonstrations will take place at the HUBER+SUHNER Polatis Booth #2239 and the SDN/NFV Demonstration Zone.
"Polatis has proven to be the leader in providing best-in- class, all-optical switches in different sizes and configurations to many distinct markets," said Gerald Wesel, president and general manager, HUBER+SUHNER Polatis. "Since the June 2016 acquisition of Polatis by HUBER+SUHNER, we have been integrating more complete turnkey solutions by leveraging H+S products and Polatis switches. We are excited to be demonstrating several of these solutions at OFC, including RF over Fiber, Mobile CRAN, and SDN-based data center solutions."
New products and solutions being shown for the first time at OFC include:
- HUBER+SUHNER Polatis will be releasing the new Polatis Series 6000 Ultra range of fully non-blocking all-optical switches, offering ultra-low loss optical performance of less than 1.0dB (0.5dB typ) from 4x4 to 32x32 ports in a compact 1RU size.
- An integrated solution that combines Polatis optical switch modules with HUBER+SUHNER's innovative Fiber Management Systems, offering a new level of dynamic fiber connectivity for the data center and remote office, will be shown for the first time.
- An optically-switched RF over Fiber connectivity solution for antenna remoting.
- All-optical switching solutions for C-RAN WDM transport and for monitoring which enables sharing of centralized test equipment that can be scaled to manage thousands of fiber links.
Commitment to Open Software Defined Networking Standards
As network data planes and hosting facilities become ever more virtualized and programmable following the adoption Software Defined Networking (SDN) principles, HUBER+SUHNER Polatis is committed to providing the utmost flexibility in terms of the standards-based northbound management interfaces supported by its products. In addition to well-established network management protocols such as TL1 and SNMP, HUBER+SUHNER Polatis products fully support NETCONF and OpenFlow v1.4 with RESTCONF support being added soon.
Visitors to OFC 2017 will be able to see H+S Polatis switches demonstrating SDN compatibility in a number of exhibits:
- At the HUBER+SUHNER Polatis booth (2239), switches will be managed by a number of commercial and open-source orchestration systems and SDN controllers via NETCONF.
- In the SDN/NFV Demonstration Zone, a HUBER+SUHNER Polatis switch will be controlled by an OpenDaylight SDN controller via the OpenFlow protocol. This is as part of a demonstration of novel technologies developed in the EC-funded COSIGN Project showing the Benefits of SDN Technology for All-Optical Data Center Virtualization.
- Also in the SDN/NFV Demonstration Zone, as part of the ON.LAB Open and Disaggregated Multi-Layer Networks demonstration, a HUBER+SUHNER Polatis switch will be controlled by the Open Network Operating System (ONOS) SDN controller.
About Huber+Suhner Polatis
# # #
Huber+Suhner Polatis is the leading supplier of high performance dynamic all-optical switch solutions for software-defined network provisioning, protection, monitoring, reconfiguration and test. The reliable, field-proven DirectLight™ optical switch technology powers more than 2000 systems in-service worldwide and has created the industry's broadest range of transparent, bidirectional, dark-fiber optical circuit switches from 4x4 to 384x384 ports. Visit www.polatis.com