Supplier Quality Engineer - OPS004 (Cambridge, UK)
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join our Quality team based in Cambridge. The successful candidate will improve the supplier quality base by conducting audits, analysing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects. The role reports to the Director, Quality and New Product Introduction.
- Work with Supply Management to ensure that supplier performance is regularly
reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
- Create, maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and
- Ensure product is always being manufactured to latest Polatis specification and
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD
(Past due) and yields
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals
- Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line stops due
to supply issues.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and
customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of
- Develop long‐term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase
the supplier capability of consistently meeting Polatis requirements.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
- Co-ordinate with Design, NPI and Procurement to ensure that specifications are
clearly communicated to suppliers
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in QMS with at least 2 years in Supplier Quality
- Degree in Engineering or similar would be advantageous
- Experience in working in ISO9001 organisations.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma, 8-D, DFMEA, PFMEA, etc. preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision
- Knowledge/experience of ROHS, REACH and Counterfeit Materials and Conflict Mineral directives and regulations would be advantageous.
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
How to Apply:
Send resumes (CVs) via mail, or email to:
Human Resources (UK)
332 Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge, CB4 0WN, UK
HR@Polatis.com (word, PDF or text formats)
Please include the Job Title and Job Code in the subject of your email to polatis